DOWNLOAD A STARTER LOCAL DB FILE
In order to set up a local DB on your computer you will need to download the attached file "local_db.mdf".
You can find a link to download this file at the bottom of this article. Please click on the link.
It should download to the location set for your downloads. (probably your Windows "Downloads" folder.
COPY THE FILE TO THE FOLDER OF YOUR CHOICE
Once downloaded, copy it and place it in a Windows folder where you will want to set up your Local DB.
In this case we have placed it on our Google drive.
You will be able to install and access your Local DB in a folder located on your local computer or on a shared network drive.
OPEN YOUR CADGEN DATABASE UTILITY
Select one of the two icons on your desktop depending on which version of FireCAD you have.
- The icon on the left will be provided on your desktop if you are using the standalone version.
- On the right is the icon you will see if you are using the AutoCAD add-in version.
- You will see this screen with a "Set Database Connection" dialog in the center.
- Select the "Browse" button which will enable you to navigate to the location where you placed the downloaded starter file, then connect.
- Select the green cube in the upper left corner of the utility interface and choose "Exit".
- You have now set the location of your Local DB.